6 Eye-Catching Corten Steel Construction Details
The characteristics of Corten steel has been respected by all architects, both for its strength and for its particular color. It corresponds to a type of steel manufactured with a chemical composition that provides an oxidation that protects the piece, practically without altering its mechanical characteristics. The architectural details of Corten steel present a diversity of situations and connections, not only the obvious constructive factor but it also gives an aesthetic value to any architectural project.
We have compiled this list of 6 eye-catching Corten steel construction details that stand out the most.
01. Navarro Correas Winery / aft Arquitectos
02. Gabriela Mistral Cultural Center / Cristian Fernandez Arquitectos + Lateral Arquitectura & Diseño
03. Audenasa Building / Vaillo + Irigaray
04. Nestlé Social Block / GH+A Guillermo Hevia
05. New “Cabaña” & Accesses to a Country house / Hidalgo Hartmann
06. Dovecote Studio / Haworth Tompkins | Hunter Douglas
This article was originally published on March 8, 2017.
About this author
Cite: Dejtiar, Fabian. “6 Eye-Catching Corten Steel Construction Details” 08 Nov 2019. ArchDaily. (Trans. Pimenta, Amanda ) Accessed . <https://www.archdaily.com/806716/6-eye-catching-corten-steel-construction-details/> ISSN 0719-8884